These are Open-type competitions.
The number of participating teams is unlimited, provided that it allows for the competitions to be held within the designated time.
A sports license from FAI is not required for registration.
The competitions will be conducted by 3 licensed FAI FS/VFS judges. The day before, the judging team will be available at Flyspot Katowice. On this day, each team will be able to request judges to evaluate a maximum of two training flights (the training round schedule will be published at a later date).
Registrations for the competitions are accepted until October 31 exclusively through the Registration Form.
The registration fee for a team depends on the category:
In the case of payments made by September 30, 2023:
- FS4 / VFS /D4W – 299 EUR gross
- Freestyle solo – 199 EUR gross
- Solo Speed – 199 EUR gross
- FS2/ D2W – 249 EUR gross
In the case of payments made from October 1 to October 31, 2023:
- FS4 / VFS /D4W – 599 EUR gross
- Freestyle solo – 399 EUR gross
- Solo Speed – 399 EUR gross
- FS2/ D2W – 499 EUR gross
Competitors can participate in more than one discipline. Participation in each additional discipline: entry fee -50%.
After submitting the registration, the team captain will receive confirmation of registration via email along with payment details. All communication between the competition director and the teams will take place through the email address provided during registration.
To reserve training time, please contact email@example.com.
All participants are required to have a helmet and equipment that complies with the current FAI Sporting Code.
The competitions are conducted and judged according to the current FAI regulations, with the exception of the following local/internal rules:
1. Each team is required to place on the helmets of the players indicated by the organizer, following the instructions provided by the organizer during registration:
a. RFID tags
b. Starting numbers
A team that does not comply with this requirement will receive zero points in the respective round. This rule is not subject to protest.
2. Each team is responsible for managing time and has enough time for preparation and execution of the flight. A team entering the tunnel too early, before the designated time, will receive zero points in that round. This rule is not subject to protest.
3. The jury consisting of three members designates one who is present on-site. The other two members remain in mobile contact in case decisions need to be made.
4. FS 2-way Advanced is judged according to Flyspot’s internal rules available on the Flyspot Open website.
Regulations will be available soon.
Each category is open to athletes of any nationality. Team members can be of any nationality and gender. Each team member should have experience in flying in a wind tunnel. Each team can nominate one reserve member before the start of the competition. Each athlete can be a member of only one team registered in a given category.
The training cost before the competitions is 550 EUR/h gross for participating teams.
The protest fee is 15 EUR/50PLN.